Magnolia Tree Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Follow the instructions that come with the BIGkick™ or Big Shot to emboss the brass blank.
- Colorize the metal blank with alcohol inks and Snow Cap mixative, and allow the ink to dry.
- For more hints, check out our Embossed Arrow Blog Post.
- For added durability, seal the finish with a water-based sealer, and allow to dry.
- Use the reliefing block to polish the high points of the embossed design.
- Wire wrap a loop on the faceted-glass bead.
- Add a jump ring bail and bead dangle; string the ball chain through the jump ring and add a clasp.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 1 ea #86-110-003 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink
- 1 ea #86-110-006 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink
- 1 ea #86-115-049 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink Mixative
- 1 strand [use 1] #28-000-014-953 Bead, Glass, Faceted Round, 10mm (no longer available; use 10mm round crystal or glass bead of your choice)
- 1 pair [use 1] #88-102-04-0 Blank, Round, 34mm
- 1 spool [use 24"] #40-889-6 Chain, Footage, Ball, 1.8mm, 100ft
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 1] #40-801-6 Clasp, Ball Chain, 1.8-2.4mm
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-415-6 Head Pin, 1.5", Thin
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-167-6 Jump Ring, Round, 8mm
- #69-325-006 DecoEmboss™ Die, Moonlit Night
- #69-500 Sizzix® Big Shot Jewelry Studio
- #69-275-53 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-58 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Flat-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-52 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Round-Nose Pliers
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- #69-327 Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block
- Paper towels
- Water-base sealant such as Mod Podge® from craft store (optional)