Lock Plate Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Laurel Newnham
- If you only need a small amount of wire for a project, the Artistic Wire® Buy the Three™ sampler pack is perfect. Each package contains three colors, each on a 5-yard bobbin spool.
- Use a 2-3" piece of wire to create a connector with a floral bead cap and pearl. Make a simple loop at the bottom and long wrapped loop above the pearl.
- Create wrapped loop dangles with the crystals. Add a random group of 3 dangles to each of 4 jump rings.
- Attach two sets of these dangles to a large-hole spacer bead.
- Use jump rings to assemble the components.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 pkg [use two 2" pieces of gunmetal] #46-402-00-03 Artistic Wire®, 22ga, 3-Pack
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #88-100-05-0 Bead Cap, Foliage, 8mm
- 1 gross [use 2] #26-120-7 Bead, Metal, Large Hole Spacer
- 1 strand [use 2] #20-697-06-015 Bead, Wire-Hole Freshwater Pearl, Corn, 6mm
- 1 pair #88-103-08-0 Charm, Embossed Keyhole, 20x14mm
- 1 dozen [use 3] #05-328-04-119 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 1 dozen [use 3] #05-328-04-405 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 1 dozen [use 3] #05-328-04-415 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 1 dozen [use 3] #05-328-04-151 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 1 pair #34-063-41 French Hook Ear Wire, Niobium
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 12] #37-081-15-7 Head Pin, 1.5", Thin, Ball End
- 1 oz [use 10] #37-133-6 Jump Ring, Round, Heavy, 4.5mm
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set