Lend Me Your Gears Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Apply alcohol inks to each side of the wood charms with a paintbrush. Paint one side at a time, allowing the ink to dry before painting the other side.
- Consider wearing disposable gloves if you are prone to being messy while painting.
- Plan the gear layout before gluing. Apply glue only where it is needed, not the entire back surface of the sprocket.
- Seal the colorized wood charms with Mod Podge
- 1 ea #60-265 Adhesive, E-6000, 0.5oz
- 1 ea #86-110-007 Adirondack® Alcohol Ink (Lettuce)
- 1 ea #86-110-053 Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Raspberry)
- 1 ea #86-110-001 Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Stream)
- 1 doz [use 2] #44-498-0 Disk, Round, 19mm (Raw Brass)
- 1 doz [use 2] #29-796-16 Gear, Wood, 0.75" (Maple)
- 1 doz [use 2] #29-795-18 Gear, Wood, Fancy, 1" (Maple)
- 1 doz [use 2] #29-795-17 Gear, Wood, With Spokes, 1" (Maple)
- 1 gross [use 2] #31-112 Post, 12mm Flat Pad, AAA (Surgical Stainless Steel)[not shown]
- 1 gross [use 2] #33-235-2 Nut, Rubber Grip and Flange (Yellow)[not shown]
- 1 doz [use 2] #44-300-0 Sprocket, 16mm (Raw Brass) To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.