Metal Etched Book Class 11:30am-3:30pm
In this beginner class, you will create a small, finished journal! The class kit includes:
- Pre-sized, punched metal for the book covers (one plain sheet for etching & one pre-textured sheet)
- Large & small binding rings with an assortment of bead and charm embellishments
- A collection of paper (handmade, mulberry, tags, vintage scrap & more) to create pages
- Decorative ephemera for customizing the pages (fabric, ribbon, stickers & more)
- Use of resists & rubber stamps for personalizing the metal cover
- Etching solution & patina
- Glues, inks & punches for making decorative pages
- The fee includes shared use of our cleaning, polishing & finishing stations.
Students will transform a sheet of brass into an artistic metal book cover. You will use basic resists to create dynamic textures & designs for your personal journal.You will also explore collage, distressing and assemblage of pages for your book. Sign-up now! Space is limited due to small class size.
Sondra Barrington teaches this fun and informative class. Topics covered in class include:
- Design tips & considerations
- Techniques for applying resist
- Etching process
- Patina & oxidizing
- Cleaning & polishing
- Metal finishing methods
- Paper distressing techniques
- Collage & assemblage basics
Before enrolling, please review class policies and the tool/supply list.
Class is held in our Spokane, WA Showroom at 304 East 2nd Avenue.
- Pre-registration required. No refunds or transfers on cancellations.
- No open-toed shoes, loose flowing clothing, or bare legs in class. Gloves, eye protection and apron required.
- Students must be 16 years old.
- Arrive 15 minutes early with all required tools and supplies listed.