Many of you know Janet Boyington from our Spokane, WA Showroom! Did you know she excels at making beautiful strung jewelry? Join Janet in this informative, essential class that is great for students of all levels. Learn to professionally finish your bead stringing designs.
Janet will cover the basics of stringing on beading cable, including:
- Selecting beading cable: durability, flexibility, strength
- Crimps: sizes, styles and covers
- Secure connections: clasps, toggles and hooks
- Professional touches: thimbles/wire guards, bullion/french wire
- Tools: Options and comparisons
In class, you will experience the Bead Ready E-Z Crimp system and will get to sample many other popular stringing products
. Students will be provided with materials to finish one 18" necklace in silver plate.
Classes start on time, plan to arrive 15 minutes early with the following:
- 2 strands of beads with a general idea of how you want them strung (we recommend 1 strand of 4mm-8mm gemstone beads and 1 strand of 2mm-4mm metal or glass spacer beads)
- Task or reading glasses (if needed for close-up work)
- Pen & paper for taking notes
- Beading mat & tray
- Black fine tip permanent marker