Honeysuckle Haze Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Melissa Rhoades
- Cut three 40" lengths of pink hemp cord and two 40" lengths of fuchsia hemp cord.
- Pick out 2 white, 2 pink and 2 black glass ring beads from the assorted strand.
- Follow the directions for "Project 27: Multistrand Cord Necklace" in Stringing Beaded Jewelry: The Absolute Beginner's Guide (#62-000).
- String the 7mm ring beads onto 2 cords at once (their holes are too large to knot onto a single cord). Vary which two cords you combine.
- Most of the 8mm glass beads do not have large enough holes for the cord. Use the battery-operated bead reamer to enlarge the holes.
- The "E" beads are a tight fit on the cord. Twist each bead in the same direction that the cord strands twist until you get the bead past the cord end.
- If cord ends start to fray, trim at a sharp angle with scissors (to create a pointed end). If this isn't enough, use a bit of scotch tape or a dab of glue to create a pointed end on your cord.
- The finished length of this necklace is 22", including the clasp. For a shorter or longer necklace, adjust the length of the cord you use and the number of beads you string.
- 2 ea #28-356-17-001 Bead, Calypso™, Dot on Dot (Black/ White)
- 1 ea #28-356-13-001 Bead, Calypso™, Swirl (White/ Black)
- 1 50gram [use 10] #23-264-021 Bead, Glass, "E" Beads, Size 6/0 (Black)
- 1 strand [use 6] #28-334-44 Bead, Glass, 7mm Ring (Assorted)
- 1 strand [use 10] #28-334-43 Bead, Glass, Round with Dots (White/ Black)
- 1 100 [use 10] #27-576-3 Bead, Metal, Round, 6.5mm (Silver Plated)
- 1 ten [use 1] #39-195-03-AS Clasp, Cast, Beaded Hook & Eye (Antiqued Silver Plated)
- 1 doz [use 2] #27-636-3 Cone, Metal, 3/4" (Silver Plated)
- 1 ea color card [use 3 x 40"] #61-214-20-101 Cord, Hemp Cord, 20lb Test (Shades of Ruby)
- 1 ea [use 12"] #47-038 Wire, Silver Plated, 20ga, 19.7' (Silver Plated)
- #62-000 Book, Stringing Beaded Jewelry: The Absolute Beginners Guide
- #69-058 Tool, Bead Reamer, Battery Operated
- #69-269-02 Tool, German, Round-Nose Pliers, 4.5"
- #65-396 Tool, Pliers, Bent Chain Nose, 5"
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter