Hidden Ecosystem Cuff Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Cindy Morris
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Stamp, hammer and punch holes in the copper until you are satisfied.
- File any sharp edges.
- Wrap the strip around a small bottle (aspirin size works well).
- Bend the ends in about ½ turn with the Wrap n Tap pliers (or use a pipe or mandrel).
- To patina: Put enough hot water in a bowl to fully submerge the bracelet. Add a tiny spoonful of LOS gel and stir. Put your bracelet in, pull it out after it oxidizes.
- Buff the bracelet with the polishing cloth.
- 1 [cut to size] #64-981-24-50 Sheet, 24 Gauge, 6x0.5" (Copper)
- #86-322 Liver of Sulfur, XL Gel, 2 oz.
- #63-537 Polishing Cloth, Brilliant (Yellow)
- #69-366 Tool, Economy Needle Files, 6pc
- #69-234 Tool, EuroPunch Pliers, Round, 1.25mm Hole
- #69-214 Tool, EuroPower Punch
- #69-346 Tool, Hammer, Brass, 1lb
- #69-137 Tool, Hammer, Swiss Style (for riveting)
- #69-262-L Tool, Pliers, Wrap 'n' Tap, Large
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- Decorative metal stamps, this project used stamps from designer's stash
- 0000 steel wool
- Small bottle for forming metal