Healing Shrine Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Sondra Barrington
- For a step-by-step tutorial with images, see the Create a Healing Shrine blog post.
- Unscrew the top loop from the cork in the glass vial.
- Cut a 10mmx25mm piece of 24-26 gauge brass sheet, round the corners, and file smooth.
- Stamp a word on the this metal band designed to hold the glass vial.
- Measure and bend (with bail-making pliers) the metal band to fit the glass vial.
- Measure, mark and punch holes in band and shrine blanks for rivets and eyelets.
- Rivet the pieces. Use heishi beads as spacers between the front and back of the shrine blanks.
- Patina if desired.
- Add a necklace chain or glue a magnet or pin back to the back.
- Fill the bottle and install it into the reliquary.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 each #60-220 Adhesive, Epoxy, 220
- 1 pkg of 10 sets [use 1 set] #44-721-30 Blank, Shrine with Window
- 1 pkg of 6 [use 1] #64-991-24-25 Brass Sheet, 24 Gauge, 6x0.25"
- 1 pkg of 50 [use 5] #69-951-34-2 Eyelet, 1/16", 5/32" Long
- 1 dozen [use 1] #30-227 Jar, Test Tube
- 1 pkg of 35 [use 1] #30-580 Magnet, Round, 18mm
- 1 pkg of 50 [use 2] #69-921-01-2 Rivet, 1/16", 1/16" Long
- 1 strand [use 10] #22-311-CU Trade Bead, Copper Heishi
- 1 each #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #63-528 Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2"
- #69-257-0005 Sanding Sponges, 1200-1500 Grit
- #69-244-25 Tool, 1/12" Stamp Set, Uppercase Verona, 27pc
- #69-900 Tool, 1/16" Rivet Piercing/ Setting
- #69-123 Tool, Combo Bench Block
- #69-252-01-2 Tool, Flat File, 6", #2 Cut
- #69-346 Tool, Hammer, Brass, 1lb
- #69-409 Tool, Lindstrom®, Shear
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-275-21 Tool, Wubbers™, Medium Bail Maker