Happy Valentine's Heart Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Sondra Barrington
- Prearrange your design by tracing the bezel, and creating a mock-up arrangement on paper.
- Place items in bezel and set them in place with a dab of two-part epoxy glue. Let dry fully (24 hours) before applying concrete.
- Mix the concrete from the EnCapture Artisan Concrete™ kit following the manufacturer's recommendations.
- For more information on creating mosaic jewelry, check out the Rings & Things EnCapture Artisan Concrete Blog post.
- Apply the concrete mix to the bezel to embed the mosaic's pieces.
- Remove excess concrete from your embedded treasures as you work using a damp paper towel, cotton swab or toothpick.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies To purchase components, add quantities to corresponding "Add" fields.
- If you do not like large grains of sand from the concrete being visible in your design, you may be able to bury them by gently poking them down into the wet concrete with a toothpick.
- When you are done creating, rinse the syringe and allow it to air dry for future use.
- Once concrete has cured, gently clean around embedded treasures with the straight carver.
- Use eye pins and jump rings to assemble the three part pendant.
- 1 each #60-230 Adhesive, Epoxy, 330
- 1 strand [use 1] #28-335-10-02 Bead, Glass, Polka-Dot Heart, Multi-color Red
- 1 strand [use 1] #26-815-104 Bead, Metal, Heart with Pattern, Silver Plated
- 1 dozen [use 1] #46-900-120-9 Bezel Cup, Round, 20mm, 1 Loop, Gunmetal
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #52-934-02-16A Choker, Flocked, 4mm, 16", Black/ White Plated
- 1 each #82-575-00 Concrete Clay, Kit
- 1 ounce [use 2] #37-722-9 Eye Pin, 2", Standard, Gunmetal
- 1 dozen [use 1] #46-3214-042-9 Glass Ball Bead, Round, 14mm, Crystal/ Gunmetal
- 1 ounce [use 3] #37-100-9 Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes, Gunmetal
- 1 strand [use 11] #22-504 Trade Bead, White Masai Spacer 4-5mm, White
- #69-291 Tool, Set, Zebra Stripe, Six-Piece Set, Black/ White
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- Cotton swabs (for cleaning treasures after they are embedded)
- Damp paper towels/moist towelettes (useful for cleaning up as you go)
- Paper & pencil (for tracing bezel)