Green Means Go Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Create a bezel using the metal blank and copper restrip using the Techniques for Creating Bezels without Solder.
- Seal both sides and edges of the image to prevent the image from running.
- To prevent it from floating, glue the sealed image to the bottom of the bezel cup and allow it to dry thoroughly prior to adding resin.
- Patina the gear link so it closely matches the other metals.
- To aid in fitting two strands of cord in the crimp-end loops, miter the end of the waxed cotton cord.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 ea #82-500-08 8oz EasyCast Epoxy Kit
- 1 ea #60-242 Adhesive, Bead Fix™
- 1 16 gram pkg [use 11] #25-080-981 Bead, Ceramic, Heishi, 8x2mm (Earthy Assortment)
- 1 pair [use 1] #88-102-06-0 Blank, Square, 29mm (Natural Brass)
- 1 gross [use 1 hook] #39-293-6 Clasp, Hook and Eye (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #41-151-90-15-6 Crimp End with Loop, 1.5mm I.D. (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 spool [use two 16" pieces] #61-061-02 Cord, Waxed Cotton, 1mm, 36yd (Black)
- 1 doz [use 1] #44-301-0 Gear, Link, 16mm (Raw Brass)
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-145-6 Jump Ring, Round, 6mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 oz [use 14] #37-167-6 Jump Ring, Round, 8mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 ea #82-599 Mixing Set
- 1 ea #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #69-275-53 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-58 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Flat-Nose Pliers
- Copyright-free image (cut to size and sealed)
- Copper restrip (from stained glass supplier)
- Mod Podge to seal image
- Plastic-covered work surface
- Rubber cement