Giannis Garden Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Measure, mark and punch the hanging holes: 3 holes spaced to match the loops of the triangle, and one hole on the bottom.
- Use a rubber stamp of your choice and the Rings & Things Etching kit to create the etched pendant.
- Etch as directed following instructions in the kit as well as the Rings & Things metal etching blog post.
- The pendant is antiqued using Jax Green Patina. You an achieve a similar look using Vintaj's "Weathered Copper"
Patina Kit (#86-420-995).
- String the 4mm crystal pearls and spacer beads on an 8" piece of Beadalon and finish with wire protectors and crimps.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- Cut two 6" pieces of chain and attach to pearl strand with two 5mm jump rings on each wire protector.
- The Wire Guardians™ ensure the Beadalon won’t slip through the jump rings.
- Finish the chain ends (not shown) with the remaining 5mm jump rings and a lobster clasp.
- Using chain for a portion of a necklace is a great way to cut costs without compromising quality!
- Use the filigree as a bail for the handmade copper pendant, and attach with 6mm jump rings.
- Add an 8mm crystal pearl and copper bead cap to a head pin and make a wrapped loop and attach to the pendant with a 6mm jump ring.
- 1 strand [use 6] #26-813-117 Bead, Copper, Coil, Spacer
- 1 strand [use 1] #43-148-03 Bead Cap, Copper, Filigree, 11mm
- 1 spool [use 8"] #61-723-19-54 Beadalon® Wire, 19 Strand, 0.018", 30' Spool
- 1 each #44-785-27 Blank, Copper, Square, 22mm
- 1 spool [use two 6" pieces] #40-099-08-7 Chain, Footage, Curb, 2.8mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #39-343-7 Clasp, Lobster, 12mm (not shown)
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 2] #41-252-8 Crimp Tube, 2mm, Seamless
- 1 strand [use 36] #05-810-04-208ST Crystal Pearl Bead, Round, 4mm
- 1 strand [use 1] 05-810-08-201ST Crystal Pearl Bead, Round, 8mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #44-153-7 Filigree, Triangle
- 1 ounce [use 1] #37-422-7 Head Pin, 2", Standard
- 1 ounce [use 6] #37-136-7 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 ounce [use 5] #37-145-7 Jump Ring, Round, 6mm
- 1 gross [use 2] #45-210-001 Kit, Etching Supplies
- 1 gross [use 2] #41-050-8 Wire Guardians™, Size 1
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-383 Tool, Safety Glasses
- Apron or smock
- Baking soda
- Duct tape
- Rubber gloves
- Rubber stamp of your choice
- Rubbing alcohol
- Scrubby sponge
- Styrofoam™ float (available from craft supplier or upcycled packing material)