Gee Wiz! Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Cindy Morris
- Stamp a word or phrase on the front metal piece. Texture a bit with a hammer, then flatten with a mallet.
- Patina with Win-Ox™ and clean with steel wool.
- Clean the back piece with rubbing alcohol.
- Follow the manufacturer's instructions and seal an image onto the back piece using ITS™ Matte Sealer and allow it to dry.
- Punch holes in the top piece only with the hole punch side of the riveting tool.
- Then line up the pieces to punch a hole in back and connect with eyelets.
- Make an 8-warp braid following the kumihimo disk instructions.
- Bundle the ends with wire, and pull both wire ends through each cone and form wrapped loops.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- Add chain and clasp to the wrapped loops.
- The finished length is 18". Adjust the amount of chain for a different length.
- Connect the pendant to braid using wrapped loops. Make your loops large enough that they don't pinch the braid.
- 1 ea [use 18"] #46-404-30 Artistic Wire®, 24ga, 60ft
- 1 pkg of 10 pair [use 1 pair] #44-721-02 Blank, Rectangular Door with Round Window
- 1 spool [use two 4" pieces] #40-099-45-6 Chain, Footage, Drawn Flattened Cable, 3.7mm
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #88-112-01-0 Clasp, Hook & Eye, 35x11mm
- 2 ea #27-630-01-6 Cone, Cast, Spiral
- 1 ea [use 64" of metallic silver thread] #61-214-20-301 Cord, Hemp Cord, 20lb Test
- 1 spool [use 96"] #61-227-20-24 Cord, Hemp Cord, 50gm Spool, 20lb Test
- 1 doz [use 2] #05-000-06-18 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Round, 6mm
- 1 pkg of 50 [use 2] #69-951-34-2 Eyelet, 1/16", 5/32" Long
- 1 ea #86-911-10 ITS™ Matte Sealer
- 1 spool [use 32"] #61-741-15 Rattail™, Size 1 Weight (Standard)
- 1 spool [use 32"] #61-741-27 Rattail™, Size 1 Weight (Standard)
- 1 pkg of 5 [use 1 blue color] #61-472-10 Silk String, 2mm, Handmade
- 1 ea #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #69-224 Kumihimo Braiding Disk
- #69-900 Tool, 1/16" Rivet Piercing/ Setting
- #69-244-11 Tool, 1/8" Stamp Set, Lowercase, Economy, 27pc (Tempered Steel)
- #69-908 Tool, 3/32" Eyelet Flaring Set
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- #69-135 Tool, Hammer, Ballpeen, 4oz
- #69-346 Tool, Hammer, Brass, 1lb
- #69-342 Tool, Mallet, Plastic
- 0000 steel wool (from hardware store)
- Cotton swabs
- Rubbing alcohol