Fowl Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Kameron Fox
- Create a BRONZclay bird pendant according to the manufacturer's instructions. BRONZclay™ must be fired in a kiln.
- If you don't have a kiln, consider recreating this project in fine silver with Art Clay™ Silver and a mini torch.
- BRONZclay shrinks approximately 20% from package to finished product. When you create your pieces, keep this in mind.
- Use a decorative rubber stamp (bird image, or other image of your choice) to create a design in the BRONZclay. Continued Below...
- Create eight wrapped wire links following the Hook, Line and Sinker project instructions in the book Totally Twisted: Innovative Wirework and Art Glass Jewelry(#62-510).
- Use the Mister Twister hand coiler (#69-202) to wrap the three large wire beads using the technique on pages 20-21 of Totally Twisted.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- Wrap the wire around folded over suede lace and secure by clamping down with pliers.
- 1 each [use 94"] #46-400-54 Artistic Wire®, 20ga, 45ft
- 1 strand [use 9] #20-634-081 Bead, Freshwater Pearl, Potato, 4mm
- 1 strand [use 6] #20-616-081 Bead, Freshwater Pearl, Rice, 5-8mm
- 1 each #87-151-100 BRONZclay™, 100 grams
- 1 dozen [use 2] #05-328-04-45 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #05-328-06-137 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 6mm
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 15] #37-091-10-4 Head Pin, 1", Thin, Ball End
- 1 ounce [use 14] #37-123-0 Jump Ring, Oval, 3x4mm
- 1 ounce [use 15] #37-136-0 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 spool [use two 6" pieces] #61-693-12 Suede Lace Cord, 3mm - Medium Brown
- #62-510 Book, Totally Twisted: Innovative Wirework and Art Glass Jewelry
- #87-198 Coconut Carbon, 2lbs. (for golden-bronze color)
- #69-450 Kiln, Caldera with Glass Window
- #87-079 Rings & Things Clay Metal Clay Finishing Kit
- #87-078 Rings & Things Clay Wet Shaping Kit
- #87-199 Tool, Firing Pan with Lid
- #69-202 Tool, Hand Coiler, Round
- #65-330 Tool, Pliers, Chain Nose, Non-Serrated, 5"
- #65-206 Tool, Pliers, Round Nose, 4.5"
- #65-080 Tool, Pliers, Flat Nose
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- Rubber stamp of your choice (from craft supplier)