Fly Little Birdie Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Sondra Barrington
- Some garnets may have small holes! Search until you find a suitable hole size or gently ream the bead (keeping the bead under water).
- Garnet is January's birthstone. To make a sweet non-traditional birthstone necklace customized for other months, see Birthstone Options.
- Remove the soldered jump rings that come on the Nina Designs connector and charm.
- Cut chain into the following lengths: one 1", three 2", one 5".
- Use double jump rings for strength and durability. For best way to open and close jump rings, see Basic Jewelry-Making Technique Sheet (PDF).
- 1 strand [use 7] #21-883-008-09 Dyed Garnet Gemstone Beads, Round, 3mm
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 4] #27-572-4 Gold Plated Metal Beads, Round, 2mm
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 1] #37-091-15-9 Gunmetal Ball End Head Pin, Thin, 1.5"
- 1 spool [use 12"] #40-099-60-9 Gunmetal Flattened Cable Chain, Footage, 1.9mm
- 1 each #88-803-01-0 Nina Designs Natural Bronze Hook & Eye Clasp
- 1 each #88-801-16-0 Nina Designs Natural Bronze Hummingbird Charm
- 1 each #88-801-17-0 Nina Designs Natural Bronze Pendant Connector, Branch with Leaves, 2 Loop
- 1 oz [use 10] #37-715-2 Yellow Plated Eye Pin, 1-1/2", Thin
- 1 oz [use 33] #37-101-2 Yellow Plated Jump Ring, Round, 3mm
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- #69-271-99 EURO TOOL Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- Optional: Bead Reamer