Faux Heirloom Ring Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Lightly dull the edges of the knife blank with a file for comfort in wearing.
- Stamp an initial before shaping the knife into a ring form with the Wrap 'n' Tap pliers.
- Patina with Win-Ox™ and seal with Renaissance® Micro-Crystalline Wax Polish.
- 1 doz [use 1] #44-440-0 Blank, Knife, 2.5" (Raw Brass)
- 1 ea #86-915 Renaissance® Micro-Crystalline Wax Polish
- 1 ea #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #63-537 Polishing Cloth, Brilliant (Yellow)
- #69-241-00 Tool, 1/16" Stamp Set, 36pc (Tempered Steel)
- #69-126 Tool, Chasing Hammer
- #69-047 Tool, File Set
- #69-262-L Tool, Pliers, Wrap 'n' Tap, Large
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- 0000 Steel Wool (from hardware store)