Fabric Impressions Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Kameron Fox
- Use shears to cut the brass sheet into a 1.5 x 2.5 inch rectangle.
- Hammer the piece to the desired look.
- Use the small bail-making pliers to roll the top of the hammered brass sheet into a tube.
- Punch 2 sets of holes in the brass sheet for attaching the impression-jasper stone. Punch 3 additional holes at the bottom of the sheet, for hanging leaf dangles.
- Use 24-gauge wire to wrap the stone and secure it to the brass sheet.
- Poke the wire ends through the fabric canvas in 2 subtle spots to attach it.
- String 20-gauge wire through the tube you created at the top of the brass sheet. Add a filigree bead on each end, create wrapped loops and attach jump rings and chain.
Remove 9 leaf charms from a 1" piece of chain Attach the leaves to the necklace chain and holes at the bottom of the brass rectangle using 5mm jump rings. Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- 1 ea [use 8"] #46-400-30 Artistic Wire®, 20ga, 45ft (Gunmetal)
- 1 ea [use 3"] #46-404-30 Artistic Wire®, 24ga, 60ft (Gunmetal)
- 1 gross [use 2] #24-104-6 Bead, Filigree, 4mm Round (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 ea #88-111-02-0 Blank, Canvas, 24 Gauge, 4x4" (Natural Brass)
- 1 spool [use 1"] #40-092-02-10-AB Chain, Bulk, Leaf (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 spool [use 16"] #40-099-03-6 Chain, Footage, Hammered Long & Short Curb, 5mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 oz [use 1] #39-349-6 Clasp, Lobster, 15mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 oz [use 12] #37-100-6 Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- #69-275-58 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Flat-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-52 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Round-Nose Pliers
- #69-234 Tool, EuroPunch Pliers, Round, 1.25mm Hole
- #69-138 Tool, Hammer, Chasing
- #69-230 Tool, Shear, 7"
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- #69-275-20 Tool, Wubbers™, Small Bail Maker
- Artisan made fabric canvas (created by Toni Plastino)
- Impression Jasper Slab bead (from desginer's stash)