Egyptian Sun Earring Tutorial
Learn how to make earrings that shine like the sun, with beautiful Swarovski crystal scarab beads and crystal Sahara suns!
Created by: Summer Melaas
- Gold-fill items keep their shine for a lifetime, and there is no plating to crack while you work the head pins.
- For detailed instructions on making loops, and opening and closing head jump rings, see steps in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF)
- Use a jump ring to attach a sun crystal to the inside loop of the 20mm jewelry hoop connector.
- Add a 3mm crystal Scarabaeus bicone bead, scarab bead, and another crystal bicone to a ball-end head pin, and make a simple loop. Attach to the bottom of the hoop.
- Slightly twist the bottom loop of the French ear wire sideways, attach to top loop of earring, and close securely.
- 2 each #05-728-12-471 Swarovski 5728 Scarab Bead, 12mm - Crystal Scarabaeus Green 2X
- 2 each #06-724-12-96 Swarovski 6724 Sun Pendant, 12mm - Sahara
- 2 each #42-651-62-2 1/20, 12kt Gold-Filled Jewelry Connector, Round, 20mm, 2 Loop
- 1 pair #34-699 1/20, 14kt Gold-Filled Earring Hook Findings, Gold Filled, Ball End
- 1 ten [use 2 each] #37-672 1/20, 14kt Gold-Filled Ball End Head Pin, 2"
- 1 dozen [use 4 pieces] #05-328-03-470 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 3mm - Scarabaeus Green
- 1 ten [use 2 pieces] #37-391-240 14kt Gold-Filled Jump Ring, Round, 4mm
- Round-nose pliers
- Chain-nose or Flat-nose pliers