Down by the Sea Shore Earring Tutorial
Created by: Summer Melaas
- Place sea urchin stones in settings, and carefully use chain-nose pliers to bend posts over the crystal stones. (Nylon jaw pliers are not strong enough to bend the posts.)
- Use small jump rings to attach 2-loop setting to teardrop connector.
- Use larger jump rings to attach Radiolarian crystal to inside loop of teardrop. Radiolarian can be placed either way: front side showing, or back side showing. One is shown each way in photo.
- For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
- Attach ear wire to top loop of setting.
- 2 each #41-878-12-10-6 2 loop post style bezel setting Antique brass
- 2 each #01-695-10-02 Swarovski 1695 Sea Urchin Stone, 10mm - Crystal AB
- 2 each #06-730-18-02 Swarovski 6730 Radiolarian Pendant, 18mm - Crystal AB
- 2 each #42-651-21-2 1/20 12kt Gold-Filled Jewelry Connector, Teardrop, 32mm, 2 Loop
- 1 10-pack [use 2] #37-391-240 14kt Gold-Filled Jump Ring, Round, 4mm
- 1 100-pack [use 2] #37-391-459 14kt Gold-Filled Jump Ring, Round, 5.9mm
Optional: Use #37-391-550 5mm GF Jump Ring, slightly smaller than pictured.
- 1 pair #34-699 1/20, 14kt Gold-Filled Earring Hook Findings, Gold Filled, Ball End
- #69-275-03 Chain-nose pliers (smooth flat nose pliers)