Cute as a Button Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Center the button on the pendant finding and mark the hole locations with a Sharpie® pen. Punch holes in the pendant finding.
- Tie the button onto the pendant finding in a criss-cross pattern. Secure the knot in the back with glue.
- Use a 10mm jump ring to connect the button pendant and the lanyard hook.
- Wire-wrap the crystal dangles as pictured; use a 4.5mm jump ring to attach the three dangles to the lanyard hook.
- String the button pendant onto the ball chain and attach the clasp.
- Alternate Pendant Assembly Method: Tie the hemp to the button in a criss-cross pattern. Attach the button to the pendant finding with an adhesive dot (#60-302).
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 doz [use 3] #05-040-06-405 Crystal, Bead, Puffed Rondelle, 6mm (Crystal/ Bronze Shade)
- 1 gross [use 3] #26-463-6 Bead, 3mm Round, Corrugated (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-178-6 Jump Ring, Round, 10mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 oz [use 1] #37-133-6 Jump Ring, Round, Heavy, 4.5mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 oz [use 3] #37-415-6 Head Pin, 1.5", Thin (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 gross [use 1] #39-290-6 Clasp, Lanyard Hook (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 spool [use 24"] #40-889-6 Chain, Footage, Ball, 1.8mm, 100ft (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 1] #40-801-6 Clasp, Ball Chain, 1.8-2.4mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 doz [use 1] #49-451-6 Pendant Finding, Round, 16mm (Antiqued Brass Plated)
- 1 ea [use 3"] #61-214-20-004 Cord, Hemp Cord, 20lb Test (Earthy Pastel)
- 1 ea #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate
- #69-275-53 Tool, Baby Wubbers™, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-58 Tool, Baby Wubbers, Flat-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-52 Tool, Baby Wubbers, Round-Nose Pliers
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- Sharpie®, Extra Fine Point
- Button, vintage from antique store or new from sewing/craft store