Cute as a Button Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Claudia Crosby
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Stretch and secure the bracelet ends to cardboard with tape. This prevents it from moving when glueing on the buttons.
- Use heavy duty hardware store cutters to remove the button shanks. This will keep your jewelry cutters from becoming marred.
- Sand or file smooth the backs of the buttons.
- Rough up the surface of the bracelet pads with a file or sandpaper before applying glue.
- Clean surfaces with alcohol before applying glue with a toothpick.
- Add charms or dangles if desired.
- 1 each #60-260 Adhesive, E-6000, 3.7oz -or- Two-Part Epoxy
- 1 each #40-337-3 Bracelet, 7.2", Disk and Loop, Hammered Oval
- 1 pkg [use 6] #55-000-34 Tim Holyz idea-ology®, Accoutrements-Fanciful
- #69-257-0001 Sanding Sponges, 120-180 Grit
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- Cardboard (from recycle bin)
- Heavy duty cutters (from hardware store)
- Heavy file (from hardware store)
- Masking tape
- Rubbing alcohol
- Toothpicks (from grocery store)