Crystal Lotus Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Rita Hutchinson
- Center the pendant on the silk cord and then slip the BeCharmed bead over both sides of the ribbon to hold the pendant in place.
- Add 5mm jump rings to the rivoli pendants, and make simple loop dangles with the beads. (See Basic Jewelry-Making Technique Sheet below for instructions on making loops and using jump rings.)
- Make 6 clusters with random rivolis and beads and one 6mm jump ring each, and knot the first 4 onto the the lower half of the silk cord.
- Make this necklace length adjustable by using the large hole spacer beads to hold the clasp in position, and knot the remaining clusters onto the ends of the cord to hold it all together.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 gross [use 4] #26-120-3 Bead, Metal, Large Hole Spacer
- 1 each Rose or Light Rose BeCharmed Bead
- 1 each #39-195-51-5 Clasp, Flattened Hook & Eye
- 1 gross [use 28] #05-328-04-938 Crystal Jams Assortment, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 5 each #06-428-08-16 Crystal, Pendant, Rivoli, 8mm
- 5 each #06-428-08-409 Crystal, Pendant, Rivoli, 8mm
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 28] #37-099-10-3 Head Pin, 1", Standard, Ball End
- 1 ounce [use 10] #37-136-3 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm
- 1 ounce [use 6] #37-145-3 Jump Ring, Round, 6mm
- 1 each #61-479-07 Silk Ribbon, 32"-36", Hand Dyed
- 1 each #88-801-05-3 Nina Designs Silver Plated Bronze Lotus Flower Pendant
- #69-055 Plier, 1-Step Looper
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- #69-275-09 Tool, Wubbers, Bent Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-275-03 Tool, Wubbers, Chain-Nose Pliers