Crimp beads and crimp tubes are designed for securing the ends of jewelry stringing cable. Some also work for memory wire or stretchy cord. Crimp tubes are almost identical to crimp beads. Some crimp tubes are longer, which can give you more crimping surface for extra security. To finish a necklace or bracelet with crimp beads:
- String a crimp bead onto the beading cable, then string a clasp.
- Optional: Add bullion or a wire protector.
- Loop the cable back through the crimp bead.
- Tighten up the loop, but not too tight! Use flat-nose pliers to flatten the crimp, or use crimping pliers to crimp the bead into a small rounder crimp.
- Trim the excess cable.
- If desired, use large crimping pliers to close a crimp cover over the crimp bead.