Cowgirl Cuff Bracelet Tutorial
Created by: Tiffany White
- Use the pein side (rounded) of your hammer to texturize the surface of the copper metal strip on the steel block.
- Using your metal shears, cut a 3/4 inch by 4 inch piece of patterned brass sheet metal.
- File the corners on both pieces of metal so they have a smooth round edge.
- Layer the brass piece on top of the copper piece and center it. Tape it together with transparent tape, but not in the center or on the edges.
- Mark 3 spots on the metal with a permanent marker: one in the center, and one near each end of the brass sheet.
- Using the hole punching side of the riveting tool, make three holes where your marks are on the metal. You can go through both layers at once.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- Using the riveting side of the riveting tool, and three rivets, secure the two pieces of metal together.
- Antique the bracelet flat by dipping it into Novacan Black Patina.
- Use the sanding sponge to take off the top layer of patina.
- Use the polishing pads to make the brass nice and shiny. The pattern will really pop now.
- Use the bracelet bending pliers to shape the metal into a cuff.
- Seal the bracelet with a quick spray of the resin spray.
- For a step-by-step tutorial with images, check out the Rings & Things blog post: Hammered and Riveted Cuff Bracelet.
- 1 each [cut 0.75" x 4" piece] #64-999-4285 Brass Sheet, Floral Pattern
- 1 pkg of 6 [use 1] #64-981-20-100 Copper Sheet, 20 Gauge, 6x1"
- 1 pkg of 50 [use 3] #69-921-03-2 Crafted Findings Brass Rivet, 1/16", 1/8" Long
- 1 each #82-530-5 Castin'Craft Resin Spray
- 1 each #86-310 Novacan Black Patina
- #69-257-0003 3M Sanding Sponges, 500-600 Grit
- #69-907 Crafted Findings 1/16" Long Reach Rivet Piercing/ Setting
- #69-252-01-4 EURO TOOL Flat File, 6", #4 Cut
- #69-306-P Pliers, Bracelet Bending, Nylon Jaw
- #63-528 EURO TOOL Polishing Pads, Ultra, 2x2"
- #69-230 EURO TOOL Shear, 7"
- #69-138 Tool, Chasing Hammer
- #69-125 Tool, Steel 4" Square Block
- Permanent marking pen
- Transparent tape