Adhesive, Epoxy, 220
Which Glue is Best?
- Super glues (cyanoacrylate glues) are best for surfaces that fit exactly together (no gaps), or where you need just a small dab for extra security.
- Two-part epoxies require mixing, but have excellent long-term durability (even for foil-back crystals). Great for production craftspeople!
- Specialty & craft glues are each designed for specific applications. Some are flexible, and many will bond plastics, foil-back crystal, porous materials (wood, fabric, etc.), or metal-to-metal bonds.
- Adhesive dots are strong, easy to use, and removable. They work best on lightweight applications.
- Resins and sealants can sometimes also be used as adhesives.
Gluing Hints & Tips
- Follow the manufacturer's directions.
- Test a small sample and allow it to cure thoroughly before proceeding.
- When possible, use a file to roughen smooth surfaces. This allows for a stronger grip.
- Clean both surfaces before applying adhesive (we recommend isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab).
- Work in a well-ventilated, dry, and dust-free environment.
- Extreme temperatures might affect drying time.
- Store all adhesives in a cool place.
- MSDS (Material Safety and Data Sheets) are available upon request.
Glues & Cold Temperatures
- Avoid shipping glues via Ground during winter months, since many will lose effectiveness once frozen. This is especially true of super glues.
- Store finished creations in a location that maintains temperatures above freezing.
- To intentionally weaken a super glue bond, place glued object in a household freezer for several hours. (Epoxy glues also become brittle in low temperatures, but most will not snap apart as super glues do).
Adhesive, Epoxy, 220
Avg Rating: 0 /10
Epoxy 220 jewelry glue. Similar to Epoxy 330, but is a transparent amber color and is slightly stronger. Sets in 1 hour; cures in 8-10 hours. One-year shelf life. Excellent for jewelry repair. High tensile strength. Resists thermal shock. Cures as quickly as 30 minutes under a heat lamp. Surfaces to be bonded are best cleaned with acetone. Each box contains two 0.5 ounce tubes of epoxy. [HZ3]
Stock Status: 9
Write your own Product Review!