Connected to Trade Beads Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Sondra Barrington
- Create a brass tag using metal stamping and copper etching techniques.
- For an illustrated step-by-step etching guide, see Metal Etching 101 PDF.
- Antique the finished tag and pewter bead with Win-Ox and seal both with Renaissance wax.
- Create wrapped loop connectors using trade beads and 18-gauge wire, as pictured.
- Randomly attach heishi to jump rings.
- The overall length of this necklace is 27".
Free Technique Sheets & How-TosSuggested Supplies
- 1 ounce [use 23] #37-178-6 Antiqued Brass Plated Jump Ring, Round, 10mm
- 1 each #64-990-24 Brass Sheet, 24 Gauge, 6x6"
- 1 each #45-210-001 Kit, Etching Supplies
- 1 each #44-822-01 Pewter Bead, Cast, Russ Troll, Cast
- 1 spool [18 pieces at 4"] #47-205-18 Red Brass Wire, 18ga, Round, 50'
- 1 each #86-915 Renaissance® Micro-Crystalline Wax Polish
- 1 strand [use 2] #22-011 Trade Beads, Assorted
- 1 strand [use 2] #22-385-A Trade Beads, Brass, Ivory Coast, Baule, 22-28 beads per strand (not always available)
- 1 strand [use 36] #22-311-CU Trade Beads, Copper Heishi, 16-18" strand.
or #26-840-35-AC, Ethiopian Style Heishi (made in India)
- 1 strand [use 7] #22-406 Trade Beads, Snake Beads, Large, 160-210 beads per strand
- 1 strand [use 25] #22-535-LG Trade Beads, Vinyl, Heishi, 11+mm - Multi-color
- 1 strand [use 46] #22-311-WH Trade Beads, White Heishi, 16-18" strand.
or #26-840-35-AS, Ethiopian Style Heishi (made in India).
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1 set] #88-112-01-0 Vintaj Natural Brass Clasp, Hook & Eye, 35x11mm, 10 per pack
- 1 each #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #69-257-0000 3M Polishing Paper, Assortment, Wetordry™, 6 per pack.
- #69-299 Rings & Things Exclusive Metal Stamping Tool Kit
- #63-537 EURO TOOL Polishing Cloth, Brilliant
- #69-035 EURO TOOL®, Superior Beader's Kit, 9 per pack.
- Rubber stamp(s) of your choice
As trade bead availability varies greatly, here are a few links to additional options: