Carmen's Crown Head Band Tutorial
Created by: Toni Plastino
- Wrap entire length of the hair band with organza ribbon. Tie and tuck in ribbon ends to secure.
- Cut nine 2" diameter pieces of tulle fabric.
- Create three focal flower stacks using one 3mm cubic zirconia, one potato pearl, one 8mm bead cap, one gemstone flower and three tulle disks for each.
- Attach these stacks to the hair band using needle and thread. Be sure to double the thread.
- Encrust the hair band with the remaining pearls, crystals and bead caps, sewing them to the head band in a random and pleasing manner.
- Cut a piece of WireLace approximately 14" long. Fold it in half widthwise and sew it to the inside of the hair band to finish it.
- 1 doz [use 1] #43-147-07-4 Bead Cap, Flower, 10mm
- 1 doz [use 1] #43-147-01-3 Bead Cap, Flower, 6mm
- 1 doz [use 3] #43-147-00-3 Bead Cap, Flower, 6mm
- 1 doz [use 1] #43-147-00-4 Bead Cap, Flower, 6mm
- 1 doz [use 7] #43-147-06-3 Bead Cap, Flower, 8mm
- 1 strand [use 45] #20-674-011Freshwater Pearl Beads, Corn, 4x4.5mm - White
- 2 strands #20-621 Bead, Pearl, Freshwater, Tiny, 2.7mm
- 1 strand [use 7] #20-629-06-151 Bead, Pearl, Freshwater, Tip-Drilled Keishi
- 1 strand [use 19] #20-629-06-096 Bead, Pearl, Freshwater, Tip-Drilled Keishi
- 1 doz #05-328-04-151 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 4mm
- 1 doz [use 11] #05-328-06-151 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 6mm
- 1 spool #61-119 Nymo®, "O", 115 yard Bobbin
- 1 ea #30-374-30-1 Tiara Band, Metal, Double
- 1 pkg #61-890-12-80 WireLace®, 12mm, 1yd
- #65-000-10 Beading Needle, Size 10
- #69-043 Tool, Scissors, Extra-Large Loop
- White organza ribbon (from fabric supplier)
- White tulle fabric (from fabric supplier)
- 1¼" diameter flower-shaped pink opal emstone beads