Cairo Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Summer Melaas
- Cut about 4" of wire. Make a loop and attach to the tassel (see Jewelry Basics 101 PDF).
- Place 1 - 3mm gold crystal bicone bead, 1 - crystal arrow, 1 - 3mm gold crystal bicone bead, 1 - leaf cap, 1 - gemstone rondelle bead, and 1 - scallop bead cap onto the wire.
- Wrap the top of the wire, and attach the French hook to the top loop. (You might prefer to wire wrap the top loop directly to the ear wire's loop.)
- Repeat for other earring.
A few of the colors originally used in this project are no longer available, so we've linked other potential color options in the list below.
- 2 each #05-748-12-410 Swarovski 5748 Arrow Bead, 12mm - Astral Pink
- 2 each #61-460-20-16 20mm Nylon Cord Tassel - Dark Green
- 1 strand (use 2 beads) #21-786-002-03 Chinese Turquoise Gemstone Beads, 6mm Rondelle, Green - Limited Availability
- 1 pair #88-804-02-0 Nina Designs Natural Bronze Ear Wire, Hammered with Loop
- 1 dozen (use 4 beads) #05-328-03-41 Swarovski 5328 Faceted XILION Bicone Beads, 3mm - Aurum 2X
- 1 each #46-402-53 Artistic Wire Phosphor Bronze Jewelry Wire, 22ga, 15yd - Bare Bronze
- 1 ten-pack (use 2) #43-139-13-AG TierraCast Antiqued Gold Plated Bead Caps, Scalloped 4mm
- 1 dozen (use 2) #43-129-AG TierraCast Antiqued Gold Plated Bead Caps, Cast, Leaf Small
- Basic Jewelry Tools (2 options shown, more options below)