Brass Arrow Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Cut the wire in half and form an "eye" loop on one end of each wire.
- Flatten the loop by striking with a chasing hammer on a steel block.
- Add the following beads to each handmade eye pin: a brass heishi, a glass rondelle, and a brass heishi.
- For each bead link, cut off the excess wire leaving just enough length to form a second eye; form the eye and flatten the loop.
- Punch a hole centered in the top side of the triangle.
- Twist open the eye of the eye pin, add the triangle and twist closed. Repeat with second earring.
- Attached the ear wires by twisting open the eye loop, adding the ear wire, and closing the loop. Repeat with second earring.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 strand [use 4] #26-806 Bead, Brass, Triangle Heishi
- 1 strand [use 2] #28-000-009-953 Bead, Glass, Faceted Rondelle, 12mm
- 1 doz [use 2] #44-722-03-0 Blank, Triangle, 17x15mm
- 1 pair #34-063-41 French Hook Ear Wire, Niobium
- 1 spool [use two 1.5" pieces] #47-205-18 Wire, Red Brass, 18ga, Round, 50'
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-134 Tool, Hammer, Chasing
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- #69-108 Tool, Steel Square Block, 2.3"