Blue Sea Pin Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Clip the loops from shell and seahorse charms, as well as the bezel cup unless you want to dangle something from it.
- Antique the outside of the bezel.
- Plan your layout first and then glue the items in the bezel. Use gemstone chips to fill in the blank spaces. Let the glue dry thoroughly.
- Mix the grout according to the manufacturer's recommendation, and apply it to the voids. Let the grout set for 10 minutes, then sponge off the excess with a damp sponge. Let dry overnight.
- Glue on the pin back. Position it vertically since it fits better and keeps the pin from being top heavy.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 each #60-230 Adhesive, Epoxy, 330
- 1 0.5 gross [use 1] #38-103 Bar Pin, 1" Imported
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #49-947-23-AS Bead, Cast, Shell, Small
- 1 strand [use 11] #21-884-720 Bead, Dyed Magnesite, Round, 4mm
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 1] #26-814-03 Bead, Round, 3mm
- 1 strand [use 6-8] #21-791-002-GR Bead, Turquoise, Chips
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #46-301-53-0 Bezel Cup, Oval, 30x22mm, 1 Loop
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #49-947-13-AC Charm, Cast, Seahorse
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 1] #49-947-15-AG Charm, Cast, Spindle Shell, Small
- 1 each #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- #82-599 Mixing Set
- #65-040 Tool, Beading Tweezers
- Non-sanded black grout for mosaics (from the craft or home improvement store)
- Dust mask
- Paper towels