Blue Blizzard Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Valorie Nygaard-Pouzar
- Cut and prepare the sheet metal.
- Measure, mark and punch your holes.
- The center bead is held on with wire, going through two holes behind the bead, and twisted in the back.
- Use design stamps or a texturing hammer with a design of your choice (such as #69-344) and hammer/stamp until you feel better.
- Apply the gilders paste, and seal with Vintaj® Glaze™.
- Assemble your dangles and wire on the center beads.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 pkg [use two 2" pieces] #46-452-00-12 Artistic Wire®, 22ga, Silver Plated, Sampler Pack
- 1 strand [use 6] #28-000-010-443 Bead, Glass, Faceted Rondelle, 4mm
- 1 strand [use 2] #28-000-002-443 Bead, Glass, Faceted Rondelle, 8mm
- 1 gross [use 2] #34-240-01-0 French Hook Ear Wire, Plain
- 1 each #86-381-008 Gilders Paste
- 1 each #86-421-900 Glaze, Vintaj, 2oz
- 1 ounce [use 6] #37-400-1 Head Pin, Size Assortment
- 1 ounce [use 6] #37-100-1 Jump Ring, Round, Assorted Sizes
- 1 each [cut two 30x15mm pieces] #64-970-24 Sheet, 24 Gauge, 6x6"
- #69-235 Tool, Metal Punch, Two Hole
- #69-142 Tool, Needle File Set, 10pc
- #69-230 Tool, Shear, 7"
- Disposable paint brush
- Mineral spirits or Turpenoid (from hardware supplier)
- Soft Dry Cloth (old t-shirt)
- Texturing hammer (from the designers stash)