Athena's Wedding Earring Tutorial
Created by: Tiffany White
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Assemble all freshwater pearls onto headpins, and wrap prior to assembling the earrings
- Practice makes perfect! You may want to practice this technique with inexpensive wire and an "orphan bead".
- When wire-wrapping it is always better to have too much wire, rather than too little.
The 12mm pearl originally used for the centerpiece in this design is no longer available, so we've linked a few possible subs in its place.
- 1 ea [use about 36" per earring] #46-402-27 Artistic Wire®, 22ga, 45ft
- 1 strand [use 22] #20-635-011 Bead, Freshwater Pearl, Potato, 5mm
- 1 strand [use 2] #29-555-12-011 Bead, Shell Pearl, Round, 12mm - no longer available
- 1 0.5 gross [use 2] #34-399-4 Ear Wire, Beadalon® Modern
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 22] #37-091-15-4 Head Pin, 1.5", Thin, Ball End
- 1 oz [use 14] #37-145-2 Jump Ring, Round, 6mm
- #69-292 Tool, Beader's Mini Travel Kit