Art Clay Silver, Syringe: 1 Tip
New Art Clay Silver Formula
One formula encompasses the best of all Art Clays; original formula, slow dry and 650 series.
- Better workability compared to original formula and 650 formulas.
- Longer working time than original, 650 and 650 Slow Dry formulas.
- For syringe, the ratio of silver has increased so that the syringe better holds its lines.
- Only 8-9% shrinkage.
- Similar drying times as original and 650 formulas when using applied heat (such as a hair dryer, warmer or dehydrator).
- Easier carving and filing in the dry stage.
- Quicker and simpler reconstitution from dried clay; new formula clay is meant to absorb moisture well.
- Fires similarly to 650 formula (30 minutes at 1200°F, on a continuum to only 5 minutes at or above 1472°F)
- High quality finishing and shine.
Pure Metal in Clay Form
Art Clay Silver is powdered fine silver mixed with non-toxic binders and water. When kiln or torch fired, the binders burn away, leaving pure, 99.9% silver (There is a small amount of shrinkage, normally 8-9% when the binders burn out). Art Clay Silver can be added to a variety of media: glass, ceramics, porcelain, polymer clay, and more. It can be rolled, sculpted, stamped, sanded, burnished, filed, engraved, drilled and pre-polished, before and
Art Clay Silver fires at 1200°F (650°C) and can be fired with Sterling (.925) findings.
Art Clay Silver allows you to create an amazing variety of unique silver jewelry and one-of-a-kind beads with just a few tools. There are a few tricks to it though ... so we strongly recommend that you take some time to get familiar with the product before beginning your first piece. Here are a few of the instructional tools available:
- We stock a variety of Art Clay Silver books and videos to explain the various techniques and firing methods.
- We have a section of our online Forum devoted to Art Clay Silver, where our resident Master Instructor Emeritus Kurt Madison can answer your questions and explain techniques.
- You can call us at 1-800-366-2156 or 509-252-2900. Our phone staff has been trained in the basics of Art Clay Silver, and we can have resident expert Kurt call you back if your question is too tough for us to handle.
- Instructors and classes are available in many parts of the country. Please inquire about organizing a class in your area.
Other things we should mention:
- Art Clay Silver packages have a 2-3 year shelf life. But the experts say it lasts far longer... and if it dries out, just add water!
- To help you recycle every usable scrap, and keep it at a good consistency, use item #69-132: Small plastic screw-top containers, with a space for the silver, and a space for a damp sponge, separated by a perforated or breathable layer.
- To fire Art Clay Silver, we recommend a small programmable (computer controlled) kiln by Paragon Kilns or Sierra Kilns. You can also use a butane torch or fire it on a gas stovetop (before using a torch or gas stovetop, please take an official Art Clay Silver class)
Art Clay Gold can be special ordered. Please call for prices and more information.
Art Clay Silver, Syringe: 1 Tip
Avg Rating: 0 /10
Art Clay Silver syringes with 10 grams of clay and one tip. Use to draw filigree on top of other forms of ACS and to create hollow items using Core Cork Clay, which burns out. Also great for repair work. Can be fired safely with sterling silver (0.925) findings.
Sold by: eaches
Quantity Available: 1
Stock Status: 1