Arrowroot Necklace Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Follow the instructions that come with the BIGkick™ to emboss the brass blank. Polish the high points with the reliefing block.
- Apply the patina using a paint brush or felt application pad; allow to dry. Polish the high points with the reliefing block.
- Use a chasing hammer and steel block to flatten and flare each end of the wire.
- Use the riveting system to punch a hole in each flattened wire end.
- Use a metal file to smooth the shape of the metal ends.
- Use the wrap-n-tap pliers to form a U-shaped bail, lining up the holes in the ends.
- Stack the metal blank, ceramic heishi, and metal heishi between the U-shaped bail. From the front side, insert the rivet in the aligned holes and finish with the riveting system.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here. Suggested Supplies
- Cut the suede lace into two equal pieces; miter one end of each lace. Randomly string brass beads onto each lace. Cut the mitered end off.
- String the pendant onto the leather lace, and finish the ends with a center-crimp tube with hook and center-crimp tube with loop. For added security, add a little glue.
- 1 each #60-280 Adhesive, Crafter's Pick™ The Ultimate
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 1] #49-957-06-3 Bead, Cast, 6mm Heishi
- 1 pkg of 50 grams [use 1] #25-083-981 Bead, Ceramic, Heishi, 13mm
- 1 pkg of 100 [use 11] #26-114-0 Bead, Metal, 5x5mm Barrel, Large Hole
- 1 ea #88-102-15-0 Blank, Guitar Pick, 31x27mm
- 1 ea #41-151-98-45-6 Center-Crimp Tube with Hook, 4.5mm I.D
- 1 ea #41-151-99-45-6 Center-Crimp Tube with Loop, 4.5mm I.D.
- 1 ea [use moss color] #86-420-995 Patina Kit, Vintaj
- 1 pkg of 50 [use 1] #69-921-08-2 Rivet, 1/16", 9/32" Long
- 1 spool [use 40"] #61-693-12 Suede Lace Cord, 3mm - Medium Brown
- 1 spool [use 2"] #47-205-16 Wire, Red Brass, 16ga, Round, 32'
- #69-325-012 DecoEmboss™ Die, Fern Fronds
- #69-500 Sizzix® BIGkick™, Vintaj® Edition (replaced by Sizzix Big Shot)
- #69-900 Tool, 1/16" Rivet Piercing/ Setting
- #69-252-01-4 Tool, Flat File, 6", #4 Cut
- #69-271-03 Tool, Glitter, Chain-Nose Pliers
- #69-138 Tool, Hammer, Chasing
- #69-262-S Tool, Pliers, Wrap 'n' Tap, Small
- #69-056 Tool, Side Flush Cutter
- #69-108 Tool, Steel Square Block, 2.3"
- #69-327 Vintaj® Metal Reliefing Block
- Paint brush or felt applicator pad
- Paper towels