Amethyst Cascade Earring Tutorial
Necklace ends can be used for things other than securing multistrand necklaces. This project uses necklace ends as a design element in these cascading chain earrings.
Created by: Amy Mickelson
- Cut chain into the following lengths: 2 pieces each at 2.5", 2.0", 1.75", 1.5".
Design Option: Cut the chain pieces all the same length.
- Use an oval jump ring to attach a crystal navette to the end of each chain.
- Use jump rings to attach the other end of the chain pieces, in a cascading order to each of the loops on the necklace end.
- Connect an earring post, clip-on or other earring finding to the top loop of the necklace end.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
- 8 each #46-390-1-08 Swarovski Xilion Navette Crystal Channels, 1-Loop - Crystal AB/ Rhodium Plated
- 1 pair #35-840-02-AS TierraCast® Antiqued Silver Plated Clip On Earring Finding, Beaded with Loop 16mm
- 1 pkg of 10 [use 2] #48-930-01-AS TierraCast® Antiqued Silver Plated Necklace End Beaded 4 Loop
- 1 spool [use approx. 15”] #40-099-17-1 White Plated Chain, Footage, Flat with Figure Eight, 2.9mm
- 1 ounce [use 18] #37-123-1 White Plated Jump Ring, Oval, 3x4mm
- Optional Pierced Version:
1 5-pair [Use 1 pair] #32-130-04-AS TierraCast Titanium Earring Post Finding w/ Antiqued Silver Plated Loop and 10mm Beaded Design
- 1 half-gross [Use 2 pieces] #33-114 Stainless Steel Earring Back Component, Butterfly Nut
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- #69-271-99 EURO TOOL Glitter, Four-Piece Set