Albuquerque Belt Buckle Tutorial
Created by: Mollie Valente
- Plan your layout for design and fit.
- Use two-part epoxy to glue the mosaic components in place. Allow to cure overnight.
- Mix grout according to manufacturer's instructions. Read and follow application and clean up directions.
- Apply the grout to the mosaic in a circular motion while pushing the grout into all voids.
- Allow grout to set for 10 minutes, then use a slightly damp sponge to clean up excess grout and smooth the surface. Rinse sponge and repeat until clean.
- Allow the grout to cure fully.
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Suggested Supplies
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- 1 ea #60-230 Adhesive, Epoxy, 330
- 1 gross [use 4] #26-464-1 Bead, 4.5mm Round, Corrugated (White)
- 1 strand [use 4] #21-000-049-79 Bead, Gemstone, 8x12mm Puffed Oval (Poppy Jasper)
- 1 strand [use 24] #21-716-125 Bead, Gemstone, Oval, 4x6mm (African Turquoise)
- 1 strand [use 4] #21-884-147 Bead, Gemstone, Round, 4mm (Mookaite)
- 1 strand [use 21] #21-884-030 Bead, Gemstone, Round, 4mm (Sodalite)
- 1 strand [use 28] #21-886-017 Bead, Gemstone, Round, 6mm (Rhyolite)
- 1 ea #30-682-01-AS Belt Buckle Blank, Rounded Rectangle, 87mm (Antiqued Silver Plated)
- 1 bag of 10 [use 1] #25-130-03-2 Button, Bone, Oval, 21x25mm (Antiqued)
- #82-599 Mixing Set
- #65-040 Tool, Beading Tweezers
- Non-sanded black grout for mosaics (from the craft or home improvement store)