A Little Birdie Told Me Pendant Tutorial
Created by: Amy Mickelson
Free Technique Sheets & How-Tos Continued Below...
- Measure and mark a series of parallel hole locations on each side of the metal blank with the point of an awl or a Sharpie®.
- Punch the holes in the metal square using the metal awl or hole punch. Patina with Win-Ox™.
- Thread each piece of wire through two parallel holes twice and wrap in back to secure.
- Attach the filigree square to top and bottom wires.
- Each row of wrapped wire in the back creates the three dimensional look.
- 1 each #44-780-27 Blank, Copper, Square, 22mm
- 1 spool [27"] #40-099-17-7 Chain, Footage, Flat with Figure Eight, 2.9mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #44-642-0 Charm, Bird, 10x11mm
- 1 dozen [use 1] #39-243-7 Clasp, Lobster, 7x12mm [not shown]
- 1 dozen [use 5] #05-328-03-45 Crystal, Bead, Faceted Bicone, 3mm
- 1 dozen [use 1 #44-155-9 Filigree, Square
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-136-7 Jump Ring, Round, 5mm [not shown]
- 1 oz [use 2] #37-133-9 Jump Ring, Round, Heavy, 4.5mm
- 1 each #86-343 Win-Ox™, 3 oz.
- 1 each [use nine 6" pieces] #47-034 Wire, Silver Plated, 26ga, 65.6'
To view PDF files, you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader. You can download it free here.
- #65-801 Tool, Awl, Metal
- #69-271-99 Tool, Glitter, Four-Piece Set
- #69-248-01 Tool, Hammer, Ball Pein, Stubby