4th of July Earrings Tutorial
Created by: Polly Nobbs-LaRue
- Center a stone in a setting and gently squeeze prongs in (with your fingers or pliers) working from opposite sides to keep the stone centered.
- Once the prongs are bent in, use the burnishing tool to smooth them firmly into place.
- Cut 2 pieces of chain, 5 links long.
- Cut 2 pieces of chain, 10 links long.
- Select 12 matching medium sized links (5-6mm) from the mix.
- Use a jump ring to attach a sapphire (blue) teardrop to the bottom of each piece of chain. For best way to open and close loops, see Jump Ring Hint in Jewelry Basics 101 (PDF).
Designer Tips, Continued
- Use a jump ring to attach a clear crystal teardrop to the 2nd link (from the bottom) on all 4 chains.
- Use a jump ring to attach a siam (red) crystal to the 3rd link from the bottom, of all 4 chains.
- Select 2 matching 4-5mm jump rings from the mix. Slide one long and one short chain onto a jump ring, and attach to the earring setting.
- Repeat for other earring, add earring nuts, and you're done!
For alternate colors and sizes...
- 2 pairs of jewelry pliers, such as #69-275-31
- #69-101 EURO TOOL 2" Curved Steel Burnisher
Click into the product details of any item, and see the "Related Products
" tab for links to similar items, other colors and additional project ideas.