46 Favorite Things
Welcome to our favorites! No dog bites, no bee stings ... Just a few of our favorite things.
Rings & Things opened in 1972. For our 46th Anniversary (2018), Mollie, Polly, Bill, Rita, Bridget, Sondra, Summer and Ronnie each picked out our favorite Rings & Things jewelry making supplies. We tried to limit our lists to just 46 items, but when someone says "all colors of this shape" the computer of course counts each color as an additional item.
In case you're curious why it's a favorite item, we included comments about many of our favorites (most of the comments are at the bottom of the page since this top section has a fairly short area for text and links).
Our website lists 40 items per page, so to see our last 6 (or so) favorite jewelry making tools and supplies, please click through to the 2nd page. ~♥~ Have fun making stuff!
Recent / Upcoming Anniversary Gift Themes:
- The 44th anniversary is considered the "Grocery" or "Gourmet" Anniversary ... but after 44 years of togetherness, some of us don't really need more fancy food tucked into our belts. Consider a lasting gift of food-themed jewelry, or a handmade bead-embellished canape knife, appetizer fork, or coffee scoop.
- 45th Anniversary: Sapphire, most likely because of sapphire's "true blue" reputation -- The true blue of Sapphire signifies faithfulness and sincerity. Over the centuries, the deep blue of sapphire has also symbolized wisdom, virtue, and good fortune.
- 46th Anniversary gifts popular around the world include: nacre (the shimmery layers of mother-of-pearl, abalone, paua shell, etc.), lavender, pearls, daffodils, and poetry.
- For the 47th Anniversary, the internet lists these as the common traditional or modern gifts themes from around the world: Amethyst, cashmere, the Camelia flower, and books.
- The common theme / gift for the 50th Anniversary is gold! Rings & Things is more a silver type of place (always has been, since we opened), but hey if you want to send us some gold in 2022, we won't turn it down!