This page is under construction -- all materials will link to it soon!
At Rings & Things, we strive to provide you with clear, honest information, to help you choose the perfect items for your needs. When your products are made of over 500 different materials -- like ours are -- and your website has been upgraded and moved a few times since 1996, this can be challenging!
If the material you are looking for is not yet on this page, please try the:
- Gemstones Category - Nearly every gemstone category in the Gemstones & Pearls section of our website includes information about the stone. We've tried to put it at the top of the gemstone category page, but if it's more than 999 characters, it overflows to the bottom of the page. See Main Gemstones Category.
- "About Metals" Page - The "About Metals" page includes details about precious metals, base metals, alloys and platings. See Metals Page.
Advanced Crystal: Since 2012, all Swarovski crystal beads, crystal pendants and other crystal jewelry components, as well as Swarovski Strass 8000-series prisms are produced using Advanced Crystal, an innovative lead-free formula (containing .009% lead or less). Special polishing, perfect cut, exact geometry and precise angles draw out maximum brilliance. Advanced Crystal offers discerning customers crystal of the highest quality, while ensuring that Swarovski products meet and surpass legislation, regulations and industry standards. As a result of Advanced Crystal, Swarovski continues to be the benchmark for safe, beautiful crystal beads, crystal pendants, and other crystal jewelry components.
Rings & Things is a Swarovski Authorized Reseller. See Certificate (PDF)
Brass: Brass is an alloy of copper, zinc and sometimes other metals. Our brass is typically 70% copper and 30% zinc, but may vary between 70% and 90% copper (with zinc as the remainder).
- Our red brass wire is 90% copper and 10% zinc, giving it a slightly warmer color than standard brass.
- Raw (unplated) brass components are usually the same color as yellow (plated) findings, although they will vary in color and may also work with gold plate. The surfaces of raw brass items may be imperfect, and require polishing, and their finish may change with age.
- Anti-tarnish brass (a proprietary alloy) looks very close to the color of 14kt gold. Another name for anti-tarnish brass is tarnish-resistant brass.
Britannia Pewter: Definition Here (1,216 items)
Copper: Definition Here (437 items)
Crystal: Also See: Advanced Crystal, Lead Crystal, Lead-Free Crystal and Rock Crystal Quartz.
Czech Glass: Definition Here (347 items)
Glass: Definition Here (481 items)
Lead-Free Crystal: Swarovski Spectra lead-free rainbow crystal offers above-average results regarding light reflection and brilliance while still delivering excellent value for money. It makes beautiful jewelry centerpieces as well as sun-catchers to display in your business, home or car. It is the perfect choice for the price-conscious consumer.
Pewter: Definition Here (323 items)
Steel: Definition Here (594 items)
Sterling Silver: Definition Here (1,216 items)
Zinc: Definition Here (265 items - 10th on the list)